- the information we collect;
- how we use that information;
- how this information is shared;
- your rights;
- other useful issues associated with privacy and security.
We hope you take the time to read this policy. It is important that you visit us frequently for updates to this policy. If we make changes that we think are important, we'll notify you by sending a notification and/or contact you using other methods, such as email.
Who is the data controller?
The data controller is SC Cautis jb '93 SRL, based in Bucharest, Str Luica nr. 170-172, RO – 16374761, Romania.
Who is the Data Protection Officer?
SC Cautis jb '93 SRL can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org address, or by phone 021 461 04 94. This is your point of contact if you want to exercise your rights. See the "Your rights" section below.
Information we collect
When you use our services, we collect the following types of information:
Information you provide to us:
We collect information about you during the account registration process for any of our services. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, credit/debit card details and any other details that may be required of you for the purpose of registration and/or your continued use of our services.
We may also collect information from you if you request information or customer support.
Additional information collected:
We may also collect the following information:
- your name, contact details and message if you'd like to contact us or participate in a survey, contest or promotion.
- details such as traffic information, location data and other communication data (including IP address and browser type) collected through your use of the services;
- information about the device, including the unique device identified;
- details about your social media profile (name, profile picture and other information you provide to us) when you log in to or contact us through a social media account;
- derived information, based on profiling activity (see below);
- information from third-party databases in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Third-party and public sources
Not all of the personal information we hold about you will always come directly from you. We may also collect information from third parties, such as our partners, service providers and public websites (i.e. social media platforms), in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to provide services that we deem of interest, to help us maintain the accuracy of the data and to provide and improve the services.
Collection of cookies
How we use this information
We process personal information for the following purposes related to services and business activities:
- Set up, verify and manage your account: We use personal information such as your name, email address, phone number, as well as information about your device to set up and manage your account, provide technical and customer support and training, verify your identity, process payment information, and transmit important account and service information. The above processing is necessary for us to provide you with the services according to the terms and conditions. We may also use personal information to enforce our terms and conditions.
- Marketing and events: SC Cautis jb' 93 SRL will not use your personal data except for direct communication such as: bidding, contract making and invoicing. We will not use your data for marketing or advertising purposes.
- Legal and regulatory obligations: We may be required to use and retain personal information for legal and compliance purposes, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime or fraud. We may also use personal information to meet our internal and external audit requirements for information security purposes and as we deem necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence, and (b) to respond to court requests, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence.
- Other purposes: We may be required to use and retain personal information to prevent loss and to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of our own or those of others in accordance with our legitimate interests.
How this information is shared
Cautis may use and share the information you provide and other information it holds about you for the following purposes:
- Configuring, verifying and managing the account;
- Legal and regulatory obligations
Third-party service providers and our partners:
From time to time, the group may retain trusted third parties who process your personal information in order to provide us with services, including information technology, payments. As part of our agreements with partners, we may be required to share your information for the purposes of calculating fees and benefits due.
Third parties for legal reasons:
We will share personal information where we believe it is necessary, such as:
- To comply with our legal obligations and respond to requests from government agencies, including law enforcement and other public authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence;
- In the event of a merger, sale, restructuring, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of our business, assets or shares, in whole or in part (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
- To protect our rights, users, systems and services.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, as a data subject, you have a number of rights, which are detailed below. Some of them apply only in specific situations and are qualified in certain respects by derogations in data protection legislation. We will inform you in our response to your request if we rely on any such derogations.
- Access to personal data: You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. If you wish to make such a request, please refer to the Contact section for information on how to contact us.
You must include appropriate information to identify you and any other relevant data that will reasonably help us fulfill your request. Your request will be processed as soon as possible.
- Correction of personal data: You can ask us to rectify or correct any personal data we process about you that is incorrect. We provide you with account settings and tools to access information associated with your account.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent.
To opt out of marketing communications, you can use the unsubscribe link included in the marketing communications you receive from us.
- Right to erasure: You may ask us to delete your personal data when there is no good reason to continue processing. This right applies only in certain situations and is not a guaranteed or absolute right.
- Right to data portability: This right allows you to obtain your personal data, which you have provided to us with your consent or that we have necessary to provide our products and services, in a format that allows you to transfer that personal data to another organization. You may have the right to ask us to transfer your personal data directly to the other organization, if this is technically feasible.
- The right to restrict the processing of personal data: In certain situations, you have the right to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data. When we suspend the processing of your personal data, we will still be allowed to store your personal data, but for any further processing of this information, your consent will be required, subject to certain derogations.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data: You have the right to oppose our use of your personal data that is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests. However, we may continue to process your personal data despite your objection, when there are legitimate grounds for doing so or when we need to process your personal data in connection with any legal action.
- Rights related to automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right not to submit to a decision that is based solely on automated processing (without human involvement), when that decision produces a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you. This right means that you can ask us to involve one of our employees or representatives in the decision-making process. We are pleased that we do not make automated decisions of this kind.
How to contact us
For any requests related to your personal information or any of the above-mentioned rights, please contact us in one of the following ways:
By phone: 021 461 04 94
By mail: SC Cautis jb '93 SRL – Str Luica nr. 170-172, Bucharest, Romania
Lodging a complaint
If you are not satisfied with the way we handle your personal data, you have the right to file a complaint with your local data protection authority. (ANSPDCP)
Other useful issues associated with data privacy and security
We retain personal data for as long as we reasonably need it for legal and commercial purposes. Please note that in certain circumstances, we may be asked to keep your information indefinitely. We will take all necessary measures to ensure that the confidentiality of the information is maintained while it is kept.
We recognize that online security and data protection is an area of vital importance for all our customers, so it is important for us that you trust the security of your personal details before registering an account. We are committed to using security measures to protect your information from being accessed by unauthorized persons and to prevent accidental or unlawful processing, disclosure, destruction, loss, alteration and damage. Our technology security solutions are very advanced and are governed by a solid framework. Our approach focuses on risk prevention. To help us in this regard, we use pseudonymization and encryption whenever possible, to reduce the impact of any possible accidents. Because the security of certain communications via the Internet is not fully ensured, we cannot guarantee the security of the information you disclose using your internet connection. You accept the inherent security implications when using the internet, and Cautis jb '93 will not accept any liability for any direct, consequential, incidental, indirect or punitive losses or damages arising from such a situation.